Congratulations, you’re expecting! This is such as exciting time in your life and what a fun (and exhausting!) time it will be. Whether you find out the sex of your baby or not you will probably be planning the nursery. From themes of colour to texture, modern to vintage and every character out there there’s no doubt there is a lot to decide on.
Regardless of how you decide to decorate, here are a few tips to take into consideration for optimal sleep for your new bundle of joy!
- Clean room – No clutter! Bedrooms are for sleeping, not for playing. We want to reduce stimulation before sleep time.
- Dark room – The darker the better, invest in some black out curtains. On a scale of 1 to 10, I always encourage a room to be a “9” darkness during the day.
- Cool room – A nursery should be approx. 68 – 72 degree Fahrenheit. Babies aren’t able to regulate their body temperature so we don’t want them overheating.
- Clutter-free crib – No mobiles, bumpers, aquariums, musical toys, sleep sheeps, etc. Cribs should be nothing more than a mattress and a fitted sheet.
- Sound machines – Sound machines should be on white noise or rain. Ensure that it runs continuously and use it for naps and bedtime.
- Bright light – Cover up any bright lights in the room that may be distracting on sound machines, vaporizers, clocks, etc.
And don’t forget to have some fun planning and decorating your little one’s nursery! It’s the cleanest it’ll ever be for years to come!